UCG 16-19 Tuition Fund Statement
For academic year 2020/21, the DfE have provided additional funds for the purposes of supporting learners whose learning was disrupted as result of the Covid 19 pandemic situation, to provide additional learning time to small groups of learners.
UCG will be providing additional learning hours to main programme provision, to support learners to catch up and close any gaps in their learning.
Tuition support will be offered to identified learners on a case by case basis, by teachers, who fall into the categories of learners in scope.
Who are the learners in scope:
- All learners will be aged 16-19, and have not yet achieved a grade 4 or above in English and/or maths
- Students with special educational needs and disabilities, including those aged 19-24
- Learners on vocational qualifications who need extra support to develop their vocational skills
How is UCG using this fund:
- Additional small group workshops in English and maths for topic support
- GCSE and Functional Skills revision workshops for assessment/ revision/ consolidation of knowledge and skills
- Skills building workshops for lower level learners to focus on study skills and focused support for the embedding of technical skills
- Skills building workshops for students whose qualification route includes a ‘licence to practise’ element
· A ‘learning hub’ for SEND students to come on site staffed by learning support staff in a face to face model. The support offered may be assisting with engaging with online learning, English and maths support or study skills support.
· On site small groups of up to 5 supported learning students with face to face teaching and supporting access to online learning with staff who will help the student with any difficulties they may have to help facilitate engagement in lessons.
The funds will be ring fenced to support the above activity.